checkbox visual characterisics, on web pages, controlling

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

Lew Rockwell Fan
Fanatic
Fanatic

checkbox visual characterisics, on web pages, controlling

Unread postby Lew Rockwell Fan » Sun, 25 Mar 2018, 03:54

I'm trying to force checkboxes on web pages to display more legibly. I thought this was in the system theme but I'm not having much luck yet. I've also tried a lot of brower themes and code in userChrome.css. So far I haven't seen much result. Stylish styles can change the bg color, but the main things I want to do are make a thicker border (3 pixels maybe) and a bigger box.

Would this be in the gtk3 portion of a system theme? Somewhere else altogether? Am I even barking in any of the right forests?
Last edited by Lew Rockwell Fan on Sun, 25 Mar 2018, 04:55, edited 2 times in total.

adesh
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: checkbox visual characterisics, on web pages, controlling

Unread postby adesh » Sun, 25 Mar 2018, 05:01

Lew Rockwell Fan wrote:and code in userChrome.css
The right file for this task would be userContent.css, in "chrome" folder inside your profile.

Lew Rockwell Fan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread postby Lew Rockwell Fan » Sun, 25 Mar 2018, 05:26

Thank you. I'll fiddle with that for a while.

Lew Rockwell Fan
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread postby Lew Rockwell Fan » Sun, 25 Mar 2018, 07:33

I saw this & almost gave up, thinking maybe it can't be done. Here ladies & gents, is a entomological rarity - a 16 year old bug classified as new and unassigned:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=182589

So, I'm assuming this is inherited from Ffx. Mozilla seems to think it may be a good thing not to be able to correct all but invisible checkboxes.

But then I stumbled onto the Stylish style DARK GMAIL (all caps, there is another with very similar name) and it makes gmail html check boxes huge with a visible border. So I know it's possible. Now I'll try to figure how it does it & maybe hunt down forms.css.
Last edited by Lew Rockwell Fan on Sun, 25 Mar 2018, 07:51, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Pale Moon for Linux”