Font size way too small

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
binkyd

Font size way too small

Unread post by binkyd » 2018-02-26, 22:34

Just like Firefox, the default display in Pale Moon is so small as to be unusable.
How do I fix this? (Changing the font size in Prefs does nothing)

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Font size way too small

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-02-27, 00:14

On the toolbar, View >> Zoom.

tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tman801 » 2018-02-27, 01:29

tooshorttoolong
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tooshorttoolong » 2018-02-27, 21:02

Like the vast majority of Linux applications, Pale Moon uses the default system font. You should be able to configure that from somewhere in your applications menu.
If you’re talking about the contents of web pages then you can zoom with ctrl+mouse wheel.

binkyd

Unread post by binkyd » 2018-03-06, 18:23

Fixed it with the extension: "Theme Font & Size Changer"
The System Settings change ALL the fonts displats - no good. This works fine.

tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tman801 » 2018-03-07, 01:23

binkyd wrote:Fixed it with the extension: "Theme Font & Size Changer"
The System Settings change ALL the fonts displats - no good. This works fine.
I also use "zoom page 15.8". Between the two I can adjust anything for my tired old eyes.

Lew Rockwell Fan

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2018-03-13, 23:47

binkyd wrote:(Changing the font size in Prefs does nothing)
If you are speaking of the ones at:
Tools
Preferences
Content tab
under "Fonts and Colors"

Those settings are for the "content" meaning what's on the page, not the browser's own ui. If you click the "advanced" button, there is a check box labeled "Allow pages to choose their own fonts instead . . .". If you uncheck that, your settings should be effective. For properly written web pages, it's great, and it works even without that box checked. Unfortunately very few web pages are properly written nowadays, so you have to force them to behave with that check box. If you had that checked that's probably why it seemed the font settings did nothing.

<rant tone='curmudgeonly'>Nowadays, every horse's ass who imagines himself a geek writes web pages with specified fonts and colors. These people are a plague. They load down your cpu & RAM with scripts, load down your bandwidth insisting you download fonts, insist on fonts half of us can't read, and often write pages that can't even be viewed without turning off css. And often there is absolutely NO justification. The page would work just as well as a plain text document, not even html. Often the cutesy crap that gets in the way and obscures the text with an effective font setting of adequate size, isn't even advertising - it's just some idiot trying to impress people with his clever "artistic" bent. When I get to be King these people are going to the DEEP dungeon - the one where you either eat the rats or they eat you.</rant>