Opening New Tab settings

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
thetimdevoe

Opening New Tab settings

Unread post by thetimdevoe » 2018-02-08, 15:04

I just started using the Pale Moon Browser yesterday, 7 February 2018, and I'm still going through and looking at all of the settings and customization that Pale Moon offers but I encountered what might be a bug. When I go into Preferences to change what a new tab opens with, the default setting is "a blank page", but when I try to change that to "My homepage", it defaults back to "a blank page" again. Has anyone else run into this or am I just missing something?

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Opening New Tab settings

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-02-08, 17:32

Huh, yeah. Weird.

Manually changing the browser.newtab.url preference in about:config works for me, though. (Put 'about:config' in your address bar, hit enter, search for 'browser.newtab.url,' double click the string it's set to and change it to the URL of the page you want new tabs to load.)
Last edited by SpockFan02 on 2018-02-08, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.