How delete login cookies

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
boycottsystemd

How delete login cookies

Unread post by boycottsystemd » 2018-02-01, 07:37

Hello, I've deleted cookies in Preferences, Privacy, History dialog for some webpage. Password cookies were deleted, but login (name) cookies remain. Is it possible to delete these cookies ?

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: How delete login cookies

Unread post by adesh » 2018-02-01, 14:44

I guess you are talking about form autofill data.
To delete this data, click on the form field to bring autofill list, highlight the desired entry and hit Shift+Delete to remove that item. Repeat.

boycottsystemd

Unread post by boycottsystemd » 2018-02-01, 18:02

adesh wrote:I guess you are talking about form autofill data.
To delete this data, click on the form field to bring autofill list, highlight the desired entry and hit Shift+Delete to remove that item. Repeat.
thank you, that's what wanted.

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2018-02-02, 10:44

Personally I like to delete cookies when I exit palemoon (which I do rarely ... generally to clear some memory or cpu leak, but I like the idea to keep form fill history for ever. In Preferences->Privacy->clear history ... Settings there are options to decide what to delete and what to keep.

In general I like the idea to keep form fill history (for generic queries) and also saved passwords (for the majority of non-sensitive sites).
If you are concerned about keeping or not keeping login info for a sensitive site (I do it for my bank), the way is to use Private Windows (File->New Private Window)
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)