Yahoo Mail Problem

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Yahoo Mail Problem

Unread post by tman801 » 2018-01-20, 15:15

I am running Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit with Mate desktop with all current updates. I am using Pale Moon 27.7.1. I try to mark mail in Yahoo to delete and it opens the mail instead. I cannot delete the mail or move it to another folder. I can do all this in Thunderbird or any other browser. It is just Pale Moon that is not working with Yahoo Mail. Is there something I can do to get it working right?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Yahoo Mail Problem

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-01-20, 16:54

After reading your post, I went to my Hotmail email account, typed an email to myself for my Yahoo email address using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 27.7.1 running in 64 bit linux Mint 18.3 (Sylvia) Xfce. Then I went to my Yahoo Mail and my test email was there from Hotmail. I read the email, then check marked it. I then clicked on "Delete" and the email was deleted. I also did this same thing with another junk type email, but I didn't open the junk email and when I clicked on "Delete" again, the unread email was deleted. BTW, I use the old Yahoo "Basic".

I have only two extensions installed. The old NoSquint 2.1.9.1 and Adblock Latitude (4.0.1). I haven't modified linux Pale Moon very much by using "about:config" and since I can't reproduce what you're experiencing, I don't think this is a linux Pale Moon problem.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tman801 » 2018-01-20, 18:07

Night Wing wrote:After reading your post, I went to my Hotmail email account, typed an email to myself for my Yahoo email address using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 27.7.1 running in 64 bit linux Mint 18.3 (Sylvia) Xfce. Then I went to my Yahoo Mail and my test email was there from Hotmail. I read the email, then check marked it. I then clicked on "Delete" and the email was deleted. I also did this same thing with another junk type email, but I didn't open the junk email and when I clicked on "Delete" again, the unread email was deleted. BTW, I use the old Yahoo "Basic".

I have only two extensions installed. The old NoSquint 2.1.9.1 and Adblock Latitude (4.0.1). I haven't modified linux Pale Moon very much by using "about:config" and since I can't reproduce what you're experiencing, I don't think this is a linux Pale Moon problem.
Thanks for replying Night Wing.
I tried the same thing again in Linux in Pale Moon safe mode and still have my same problem. Since I am dual booting W10 & Ubuntu 16.04 I booted into W10 and got the same problem using Pale Moon.

tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tman801 » 2018-01-26, 13:31

Update on my problem with Yahoo mail and Pale Moon.
I have 3 desktop computers running w10 and Ubuntu 16.04 all currently updated. I have one old laptop that was going to be thrown away as being too old. I put Ubuntu 16.04 on it and it runs fine for me. One computer I have hooked up to my TV. Both this computer and the laptop connect via WiFi and I can access Yahoo mail fine. I can put a check mark on any mail and can move or delete as I choose. The other 2 desktop computers, one newer, one older are both direct wired and will not let me do anything in Yahoo mail except open the mail when I try to put in a check mark. So I unhooked the direct connection on the older one and connected via WiFi. Still no joy.
I took a spare HD and installed Ubuntu 16.04 on it and connected via WiFi, then installed Pale Moon and opened Yahoo Mail and got the same results. Still can not put in a check mark on individual mail. I even installed Mate and still get the same results.
I don't know if the problem is Yahoo's or Pale Moon.

I finally said the heck with it and deleted both of my yahoo accounts.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-01-26, 17:34

a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story