32bit palemoon appeared first in synaptic Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
missmoondog

32bit palemoon appeared first in synaptic

Unread post by missmoondog » 2018-01-19, 16:01

saw the update in synaptic for palemoon yesterday and although it showed up under "new in repository" i installed it anyway, even though i half knew better!

it turned out to be the 32bit browser which installed a ton of other stuff as i use the 64bit version. now today, i see palemoon new in repository again and grab that one. it was the 64bit version, which i wanted.

everything is all fine and running great, but why did it get released that way this time? haven't ever seen that before. not any issue or anything but just curious.

thank you

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: 32bit palemoon appeared first in synaptic

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-01-19, 17:26

What new stuff.. what distro and what package name.. Who's repository.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-01-19, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

smoki

Unread post by smoki » 2018-01-19, 17:54

missmoondog wrote:saw the update in synaptic for palemoon yesterday and although it showed up under "new in repository" i installed it anyway, even though i half knew better!

it turned out to be the 32bit browser which installed a ton of other stuff as i use the 64bit version. now today, i see palemoon new in repository again and grab that one. it was the 64bit version, which i wanted.

everything is all fine and running great, but why did it get released that way this time? haven't ever seen that before. not any issue or anything but just curious.

thank you
Probably Steve or OBS itself first uploaded 32bit version and that was what you saw first time, later on 64bit version came also... so what you get is normal, sometimes might happen if you are refreshing repos right in the middle of uploads.

missmoondog

Unread post by missmoondog » 2018-01-19, 19:28

smoki wrote:
missmoondog wrote:saw the update in synaptic for palemoon yesterday and although it showed up under "new in repository" i installed it anyway, even though i half knew better!

thank you
Probably Steve or OBS itself first uploaded 32bit version and that was what you saw first time, later on 64bit version came also... so what you get is normal, sometimes might happen if you are refreshing repos right in the middle of uploads.
yeah, that's about exactly what i thought happened. wasn't on computer much after installing that 32bit version but wouldn't have been to surprised to have seen the 64bit very soon afterwards. must be i caught it as they were being uploaded. just a coincidence, i guess.

like i said, wasn't any real issue, just surprised me to see that happen.

stevenpusser
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by stevenpusser » 2018-01-19, 21:49

Yes, the OBS uses a cluster of computers to build the packages from source (of which I just upload one version), so sometimes one build gets assigned a slower machine. Once in a while, a build fails because it runs out of virtual memory, so I have to trigger a rebuild, and that will make it come in last.
Last edited by stevenpusser on 2018-01-19, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.