odd issue.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

odd issue.

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-01-11, 10:22

For some reason palemoon stopped me from installing any extensions or themes.
I have allowed extensions and themes in the permissions pane but still no joy.
What could be causing this.?

I had to completely re-install palemoon in the end with a new profile etc.
I am not aware of any substantial changes that i made but would like some advice as to how to prevent this oddity in the future.
Any other users experiencing this,,?
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: odd issue.

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-01-11, 12:23

LInux Pale Moon has never stopped me from adding extensions, plugins or lightweight themes (personas).

If your new profile allows you to add the above, then there was something in your old profile that caused the problem. Maybe an extension which is no longer compatible or a corruption of the profile itself.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-01-11, 12:55

thank you night wing.
Everything is running as normal for now.Another thing that i noticed was that i use an extension called personas/light themes and it was requiring a restart when changing themes whereas it never did this before.Its not really a big deal but thought i would mention it.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-01-11, 14:43

Moonraker wrote:Another thing that i noticed was that i use an extension called personas/light themes and it was requiring a restart when changing themes whereas it never did this before.Its not really a big deal but thought i would mention it.
I use lightweight themes/pesonas. Two of them are "Caramel" and "Blue Light 2012".

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... el/?src=ss

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ight-2012/

But these themes above are themes. They are not extensions. In any case, when I switch from Caramel to Blue Light 2012 and back again, I never have to restart Pale Moon in either linux or windows.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2018-01-12, 01:33

Are you talking about an extension called Persona Switcher? The latest version that works with Pale Moon is available here.

But even if you don't have Persona Switcher, when you install a persona (a.k.a lightweight theme) on top of the Default Theme (which is a full theme), then you do not have to reboot.

Can you maybe outline the steps of exactly what you are doing and what goes wrong, and what you expected to happen?
Last edited by gracious1 on 2018-01-12, 01:35, edited 2 times in total.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀