Tabs and home page don't load Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
redwoodie

Tabs and home page don't load

Unread post by redwoodie » 2017-12-04, 02:56

Since updating to 27.5.0 64-bit on Mint 17.3, my previous session tabs and home page do not load. I just get a new blank tab. Settings in Preferences>General are unchanged from last version. Any fix?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Tabs and home page don't load

Unread post by Night Wing » 2017-12-04, 04:11

Is there a reason why you're not using the newest version of linux Pale Moon which is (27.6.2)?
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Tabs and home page don't load

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-01-22, 07:09

Although I'm not sure if this was a one-time issue or a recurring problem, your session is stored in the file sessionstore.js in your profile, with an additional backup in sessionstore.bak. You can rename sessionstore.bak to sessionstore.js to make Pale Moon recognize it as the session that it should restore. I know this is quite late and you most probably restarted enough to clear these files, but I am posting this anyway on the off chance that it is helpful.