Airbnb issues

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Massimo_B
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Airbnb issues

Unread post by Massimo_B » 2017-12-01, 09:27

Hi, with my current Version: 27.6.1 (64-bit) on Linux, the Airbnb site is completely borked like looking at specific locations https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17120566
I tried with an empty profile. Can someone reproduce that?
Loads fine on Chrome.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Airbnb issues

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-12-01, 12:09

Works fine here (on Windows). Try clearing cache/history or changing the compatibility settings.

Massimo_B
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Massimo_B » 2017-12-01, 12:21

Did not help, I tried with empty cache and all compatibility modes. Look at the screenshot.
Untitled.png

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-12-01, 12:55

Sometimes issues like this are network-related and temporary. Try resetting your router and clearing the Windows DNS cache.

AlexC

Unread post by AlexC » 2017-12-02, 12:36

It's fonts. I had this problem myself. You need to disable the font override in the settings. Airbnb is trying to download its own font and use it, perhaps with some kind of extended/unicode characters. If you force Pale Moon to use your own chosen font instead, it won't work. So tick the box that says "Allow pages to use their own fonts..." or something like that. I'm now using the Page Colors & Fonts Buttons add-on so I can switch quickly.

billranton

Unread post by billranton » 2017-12-07, 14:39

I can confirm this is a problem on the Linux version of Pale Moon but not on the Windows version. I get numbers and symbols, but every letter is missing. Using 27.6.2 (64-bit) on Ubuntu 17.10 from stevepusser's ubuntu 17.04 repo, and have been experiencing this problem for a couple of months.

zorzi

Unread post by zorzi » 2017-12-17, 14:05

Same problem here on Debian Stretch with 27.6.2 version from the pminstaller.

ThomasG

Unread post by ThomasG » 2017-12-19, 20:24

Same here on Archlinux.
AlexC wrote:If you force Pale Moon to use your own chosen font instead, it won't work. So tick the box that says "Allow pages to use their own fonts..." or something like that.
It's actually the other way around. When I let PaleMoon download the airbnb fonts (woff2 it seems) the site is broken, if I disallow pages to change the fonts it works. (although a little whacky layout-wise)

AlexC

Unread post by AlexC » 2017-12-29, 08:14

ThomasG wrote:Same here on Archlinux.
AlexC wrote:If you force Pale Moon to use your own chosen font instead, it won't work. So tick the box that says "Allow pages to use their own fonts..." or something like that.
It's actually the other way around. When I let PaleMoon download the airbnb fonts (woff2 it seems) the site is broken, if I disallow pages to change the fonts it works. (although a little whacky layout-wise)
You're right, sorry. I wrote that from memory but yes, it's actually the other way around.

ThomasG

Unread post by ThomasG » 2018-06-23, 08:12

I'm still wondering about the root cause. It seems to be related to the Cirular font, and since it works on Windows and doesn't on Linux I wonder who could fix it in which place.

For now I have added the following to userContent.css, which seems to get (at least the German version) of Airbnb usable:

Code: Select all

@-moz-document domain(airbnb.de) {
 * {
  font-family: sans-serif !important;
 }
}
But I'm wondering whether we should nag Moonchild, Airbnb, or someone in the Linux Font stack about the issue. :D

zorzi

Unread post by zorzi » 2018-06-24, 07:39

ThomasG wrote:I'm still wondering about the root cause. It seems to be related to the Cirular font, and since it works on Windows and doesn't on Linux I wonder who could fix it in which place.

For now I have added the following to userContent.css, which seems to get (at least the German version) of Airbnb usable:

Code: Select all

@-moz-document domain(airbnb.de) {
 * {
  font-family: sans-serif !important;
 }
}
But I'm wondering whether we should nag Moonchild, Airbnb, or someone in the Linux Font stack about the issue. :D
Nice tip. Thanks.