Cleaning up Bookmarks menu

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
surveyor 7

Cleaning up Bookmarks menu

Unread post by surveyor 7 » 2017-11-22, 22:30

I'm migrating from an ancient Firefox, and I'm trying to make everything (reasonable) look like it did.

Export bookmarks as HTML from Firefox, import HTML to Pale Moon.

I had the Bookmarks Toolbar hidden, and it was easy enough to hide in Pale Moon. Then I went to suppress entries in the Bookmarks menu, and had more trouble. I wanted to hide "subscribe to this page", "bookmarks toolbar", and "unsorted bookmarks", so I searched on the forum and couldn't find anything that worked. Some posts did remind me of chrome/userChrome.css where I'd hid them in Firefox long ago, but the same stanza didn't work in Pale Moon. Eventually I searched the Mozilla forums and got bits and pieces and trial and error and eventual success. To save anybody else time, I ended up with

#subscribeToPageMenuitem,
#subscribeToPageMenupopup,
#bookmarksToolbarFolderMenu,
#bookmarksToolbarFolderMenu + menuseparator,
#menu_unsortedBookmarks,
#bookmarksMenuPopup > menuseparator[builder="end"]
{
display: none !important;
}