how to edit whitelist for adblock latitude

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
oldwierdal

how to edit whitelist for adblock latitude

Unread post by oldwierdal » 2017-11-16, 15:59

My wife loves to play the games on Publisher's Clearing House. With Firefox, I do not recall doing anything specific for her to go the pch.com lotto sites and play away. I recently installed Pale Moon 27.6.0, and ever since then, she complains about either not being able to play some games at all at that site, or else being flooded with pop-up advertising to the point of distraction.
In my list of addons, I have adblock latitude. But in my ~/.moonchild productions/pale moon/***.default folder, there is no adblock latitude, only adblockplus.
So, I looked in the ~/.moonchild productions/pale moon/***.default/adblockplus, and found at the bottom of patterns.ini, the following;
[Subscription]
url=~user~495588
title=Exception Rules
defaults=whitelist

[Subscription filters]
http://www.pch.com/iw-paths/5k-chefs-sp ... /FA10000-2
@@||ssl.p.jwpcdn.com/player/v/7.12.11/*

However, nowhere in that very lengthy file is an actual "whitelist." I'm guessing here that I need to make a heading for Whitelist, and then build that list. However, even if that guess is correct, I don't know the syntax.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
owa

oldwierdal

Re: how to edit whitelist for adblock latitude

Unread post by oldwierdal » 2017-11-19, 13:05

This "fix" does not really fix the problem. It is, at best, a band-aid.
As I mentioned, I didn't have to do anything extraordinary to use this site with Firefox. The ~/.mozilla folder still exists on the cloned backup drive. So, I copied it over to the primary drive. Then, I renamed ~/.moonchild productions/pale moon/hc8ggnc5.default/adblockplus ~/.moonchild productions/pale moon/hc8ggnc5.default/save.adblockplus. Then I copied the ~/.mozilla/firefox/ermipai3.default-1399307356887/adblockplus to the ~/.moonchild productions/pale moon/hc8ggnc5.default/ folder.
Now, everything works as it did while using Firefox. The problem, then, is most likely in the pale moon version of adblockplus.
As I said, this "fix" is just a band-aid. The problem is not really fixed. However, there is peace in the household. Perhaps someone with far better skills than I can dig into this and find the real culprit! Until then, thank you in advance for any help you might lend with this, and have fun every chance you get!

owa