Autohide taskbar in fullscreen

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

moonwalker
Moongazer
Moongazer

Autohide taskbar in fullscreen

Postby moonwalker » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:26 pm

Is there any way to do that? I am using ubutnu 16.04 32 bit.The autohide extention is dead now- http://www.krickelkrackel.de/autohide/.I would love to know any other way to do that.

tooshorttoolong
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Re: Autohide taskbar in fullscreen

Postby tooshorttoolong » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:53 pm

When I press F11 to make Pale Moon fullscreen, my LXQt panel (taskbar) is automatically hidden.

Walter Dnes
Lunatic
Lunatic

Postby Walter Dnes » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:40 pm

moonwalker wrote:Is there any way to do that? I am using ubutnu 16.04 32 bit.The autohide extention is dead now- http://www.krickelkrackel.de/autohide/.I would love to know any other way to do that.

"Autohide taskbar" should be a setting on your desktop or window manager. What desktop are you using? GNOME/Unity or something simpler?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Postby Night Wing » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:22 am

Mine in fullscreen mode is also hidden. I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon running in 64 bit linux Mint 18.2 (Sonya).
Linux Mint 18.2 (Sonya) Xfce 64-Bit (Default OS) with 64-Bit linux Pale Moon
Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit (Backup OS) with 32-Bit windows Pale Moon

moonwalker
Moongazer
Moongazer

Postby moonwalker » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:48 am

Walter Dnes wrote:
moonwalker wrote:Is there any way to do that? I am using ubutnu 16.04 32 bit.The autohide extention is dead now- http://www.krickelkrackel.de/autohide/.I would love to know any other way to do that.

"Autohide taskbar" should be a setting on your desktop or window manager. What desktop are you using? GNOME/Unity or something simpler?

I am using lubuntu lxde desktop,not been able to find any kind of setting like that :(

moonwalker
Moongazer
Moongazer

Postby moonwalker » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:03 am

i dont think i am saying it correctly.When i press f11 for fullscreen, i cannot see the taskbar at all.Back in the days,with the help of the autohide extention,i can simply place the cursor at the bottom of the fullscreen to see the taskbar.But that extention is dead now.I want to know if there is any other way to get the same functionality.

lightning slinger
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby lightning slinger » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:30 am

moonwalker wrote:I am using lubuntu lxde desktop,not been able to find any kind of setting like that :(

Right click the panel (what you call the taskbar) and select Panel Settings > Panel Preferences > Advanced, under Automatic hiding, place check in > Minimize panel when not in use, reduce > Size when minimized to 0 pixels.
Arch Linux Xfce x86_64
Xubuntu 16.04 LTS x86_64

moonwalker
Moongazer
Moongazer

Postby moonwalker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:49 am

Just to make it simple, i want to see the taskbar when the browser i.e. palemoon is in fullscreen mode.(by pressing f11). i have done that before with autohide extention.Is there any other way to do that? some userchrome.css hack or something?

Return to “Pale Moon for Linux”