Autohide taskbar in fullscreen Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
moonwalker

Autohide taskbar in fullscreen

Unread post by moonwalker » 2017-11-13, 12:26

Is there any way to do that? I am using ubutnu 16.04 32 bit.The autohide extention is dead now- http://www.krickelkrackel.de/autohide/.I would love to know any other way to do that.

tooshorttoolong
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Autohide taskbar in fullscreen

Unread post by tooshorttoolong » 2017-11-13, 17:53

When I press F11 to make Pale Moon fullscreen, my LXQt panel (taskbar) is automatically hidden.

Walter Dnes
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Walter Dnes » 2017-11-13, 18:40

moonwalker wrote:Is there any way to do that? I am using ubutnu 16.04 32 bit.The autohide extention is dead now- http://www.krickelkrackel.de/autohide/.I would love to know any other way to do that.
"Autohide taskbar" should be a setting on your desktop or window manager. What desktop are you using? GNOME/Unity or something simpler?
There's a right way
There's a wrong way
And then there's my way

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2017-11-14, 00:22

Mine in fullscreen mode is also hidden. I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon running in 64 bit linux Mint 18.2 (Sonya).
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

moonwalker

Unread post by moonwalker » 2017-11-14, 08:48

Walter Dnes wrote:
moonwalker wrote:Is there any way to do that? I am using ubutnu 16.04 32 bit.The autohide extention is dead now- http://www.krickelkrackel.de/autohide/.I would love to know any other way to do that.
"Autohide taskbar" should be a setting on your desktop or window manager. What desktop are you using? GNOME/Unity or something simpler?
I am using lubuntu lxde desktop,not been able to find any kind of setting like that :(

moonwalker

Unread post by moonwalker » 2017-11-14, 10:03

i dont think i am saying it correctly.When i press f11 for fullscreen, i cannot see the taskbar at all.Back in the days,with the help of the autohide extention,i can simply place the cursor at the bottom of the fullscreen to see the taskbar.But that extention is dead now.I want to know if there is any other way to get the same functionality.

lightning slinger

Unread post by lightning slinger » 2017-11-14, 10:30

moonwalker wrote:I am using lubuntu lxde desktop,not been able to find any kind of setting like that :(
Right click the panel (what you call the taskbar) and select Panel Settings > Panel Preferences > Advanced, under Automatic hiding, place check in > Minimize panel when not in use, reduce > Size when minimized to 0 pixels.

moonwalker

Unread post by moonwalker » 2017-11-15, 10:49

Just to make it simple, i want to see the taskbar when the browser i.e. palemoon is in fullscreen mode.(by pressing f11). i have done that before with autohide extention.Is there any other way to do that? some userchrome.css hack or something?