How do I disable proxies for certein ipv6 addresses?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
happysmash27
Moongazer
Moongazer

How do I disable proxies for certein ipv6 addresses?

Unread post by happysmash27 » 2017-11-04, 20:56

I'm trying to make it so all addresses on the Hyperboria are not routed through Tor so that they work, but no matter what I put, the proxy is not disabled...

My current configuration has only one ipv6 address in the "No proxy for" box, but it doesn't work: [fcbe:1c0:a7d0:5aa2:a8a3:a3d5:3bf1:11e5]

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: How do I disable proxies for certein ipv6 addresses?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-11-04, 23:08

You should enter the hosts you are connecting to there, not your own address.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

happysmash27
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by happysmash27 » 2017-11-05, 17:46

That is a host I'm connecting to, although that specific one is to test my own server.

Another address I put there is [fcdd:b5cd:3ffe:bfc:8ee2:67a8:61cf:ab77], and I know for a fact that that is not my own server and works when I disable my proxies altogether.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-11-05, 18:52

I've never tried raw IPv6 addresses there, so I'm not sure if it's supported that way -- if not then you need to make sure they are host names (you can use a local hosts file entry for that if it doesn't have DNS); that should work.

EDIT: Looks like Mozilla never actually implemented IPv6 literals support there... So we currently don't have it. You'll have to use host/domain names.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite