High CPU usage with MacMoon Theme

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

gracious1
Astronaut
Astronaut

High CPU usage with MacMoon Theme

Postby gracious1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:34 am

I notice that there is one theme, MacMoon, which when it is enabled massively uses CPU. In a clean profile, when I open the Add-ons Manager, CPU usage can jump to 78%-100%. It also causes Xorg to jump that high, too. It happens again when, say, I switch from Extensions to Appearance in the Add-ons Manager, or when I switch to another tab and then especially back to the Add-ons Manager (that move really slows things down). Switching from another tab to Add-ons Manager really causes Xorg to crunch cycles too.

So far, I haven't seen this problem in other themes I frequently use (e.g. Camimoon & Fox 2 the Moon), but then I haven't tested all the themes. (Maxi3, by the way, has especially low usage.) Any advice would be helpful (besides "use a different theme" ;) ).
ImageBe not the first by whom the new are tried, nor yet the last to lay the old aside.

gracious1
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: High CPU usage with MacMoon Theme

Postby gracious1 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:49 am

Could an admin please move this over to the Themes thread? Probably a better place for it... ;)
ImageBe not the first by whom the new are tried, nor yet the last to lay the old aside.

Return to “Pale Moon for Linux”