High CPU usage with MacMoon Theme

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

High CPU usage with MacMoon Theme

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-10-04, 08:34

I notice that there is one theme, MacMoon, which when it is enabled massively uses CPU. In a clean profile, when I open the Add-ons Manager, CPU usage can jump to 78%-100%. It also causes Xorg to jump that high, too. It happens again when, say, I switch from Extensions to Appearance in the Add-ons Manager, or when I switch to another tab and then especially back to the Add-ons Manager (that move really slows things down). Switching from another tab to Add-ons Manager really causes Xorg to crunch cycles too.

So far, I haven't seen this problem in other themes I frequently use (e.g. Camimoon & Fox 2 the Moon), but then I haven't tested all the themes. (Maxi3, by the way, has especially low usage.) Any advice would be helpful (besides "use a different theme" ;) ).
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: High CPU usage with MacMoon Theme

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-10-08, 02:49

Could an admin please move this over to the Themes thread? Probably a better place for it... ;)
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀