Namecheap admin completely broken on Pale Moon 27.4.2 Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
willbproggin77

Namecheap admin completely broken on Pale Moon 27.4.2

Unread post by willbproggin77 » 2017-09-24, 17:48

Greetings all,

After a long time away from Pale Moon, I decided to try it again today. Already I'm having issues, unfortunately.

Here is what my Namecheap control panel looks like in Firefox:

Here is what it looks like in Pale Moon 27.4.2:

None of my domains are listed in Pale Moon while they appear in fine in Firefox. I have tried in Safe Mode (with Add-ons disabled) as well and the issue does not resolve. The URL is: namecheap.com

I am using the pre-built binary from the Pale Moon site on PCLinuxOS 64-bit.

App info:

Code: Select all

Name:  Pale Moon
Version:  27.4.2
Build ID:  20170822051534
User Agent:  Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:3.2) Goanna/20170822 PaleMoon/27.4.2
Profile Directory:  [...]
Enabled Plugins:  ['Blue Moon Linux 3.0', 'uBlock Origin 1.13.8']
Build Configuration:  [...]
Memory Use:  [...]
Multiprocess Windows:  0/1 (default: false)
Safe Mode:  false
Here is some output to the terminal when Pale Moon is started:

Code: Select all

1506274872073   addons.xpi      WARN    Error loading bootstrap.js for bluemoonlinux@addons.palemoon.org: SyntaxError: missing variable name (resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///home/will/.moonchild%20productions/pale%20moon/xb945hjs.default/extensions/bluemoonlinux@addons.palemoon.org.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> jar:file:///home/will/.moonchild%20productions/pale%20moon/xb945hjs.default/extensions/bluemoonlinux@addons.palemoon.org.xpi!/scripts/pref.js:79:4) JS Stack trace: include@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///home/will/.moonchild%20productions/pale%20moon/xb945hjs.default/extensions/bluemoonlinux@bootstrap.js:36:3 < @resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///home/will/.moonchild%20productions/pale%20moon/xb945hjs.default/extensions/bluemoonlinux@bootstrap.js:40:1 < @XPIProvider.jsm:4374:1 < XPI_loadBootstrapScope@XPIProvider.jsm:4374:7 < XPI_callBootstrapMethod@XPIProvider.jsm:4449:1 < XPI_startup@XPIProvider.jsm:2189:13 < callProvider@AddonManager.jsm:201:12 < _startProvider@AddonManager.jsm:786:5 < AMI_startup@AddonManager.jsm:948:9 < AMP_startup@AddonManager.jsm:2503:5 < AMC_observe@addonManager.js:58:7
1506274872074   addons.xpi      WARN    Exception running bootstrap method startup on bluemoonlinux@addons.palemoon.org: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIWindowMediator.addListener]"  nsresult: "0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///home/will/.moonchild%20productions/pale%20moon/xb945hjs.default/extensions/bluemoonlinux@addons.palemoon.org.xpi!/bootstrap.js :: startup :: line 96"  data: no] Stack trace: startup()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///home/will/.moonchild%20productions/pale%20moon/xb945hjs.default/extensions/bluemoonlinux@addons.palemoon.org.xpi!/bootstrap.js:96 < XPI_callBootstrapMethod()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:4477 < XPI_startup()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:2189 < callProvider()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:201 < _startProvider()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:786 < AMI_startup()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:948 < AMP_startup()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:2503 < AMC_observe()@resource://gre/components/addonManager.js:58 < <file:unknown>
Thank you! :)

willbproggin77

Re: Namecheap admin completely broken on Pale Moon 27.4.2

Unread post by willbproggin77 » 2017-09-24, 20:47

Some extra information -- I used both 'Firefox Compatibility' as well as 'Native' user agent settings, and the issue did not resolve or change. Using 'Native' did display an error in 'Web Developer'->'Web Console' about 'unknown client' and that did disappear when using 'Firefox Compatibility'.

Walter Dnes
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Walter Dnes » 2017-09-24, 21:53

I hate to recommend this, but some websites are stupid...
  1. Go to some user-agent-reporting site like http://www.whoishostingthis.com/tools/user-agent/ with your Firefox, and copy the user agent string that it shows for Firefox
  2. In Pale Moon, open about:config and create a new entry general.useragent.override.namecheap.com of type "string".
  3. For the string value, copy over whatever value was reported for Firefox in step 1
  4. Close Pale Moon, restart it, and try namecheap.com again
There's a right way
There's a wrong way
And then there's my way

willbproggin77

Unread post by willbproggin77 » 2017-09-25, 01:51

Walter Dnes wrote:I hate to recommend this, but some websites are stupid...
Yes, some more than others ;) . I tried your recommendation and unfortunately it just doesn't work. No matter what I do, the list comes up empty as before and when I try clicking other sections of the admin page, it just sits there with a 'loading' indicator but never finishes.

It appears they're using angular and based on some messages in the Web Console maybe it's expecting the newish css grid feature to work in Pale Moon (which doesn't seem to be implemented right now).

Guess I'll have to keep Firefox around for weird sites like this.

Thanks! :)

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by RJARRRPCGP » 2017-09-25, 02:34

"No Records Found"- looks like possibly a script blocker... Are you using NoScript?

willbproggin77

Unread post by willbproggin77 » 2017-09-25, 02:37

RJARRRPCGP wrote:"No Records Found"- looks like possibly a script blocker... Are you using NoScript?
Nope, no NoScript, but thanks for asking! :)

I tried with my normal two extensions: uBlock Origin and Blue Moon Linux and then without them and there's no difference in the problem.

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by RJARRRPCGP » 2017-09-25, 02:41

willbproggin77 wrote: Nope, no NoScript, but thanks for asking! :)

I tried with my normal two extensions: uBlock Origin and Blue Moon Linux and then without them and there's no difference in the problem.
That will be interesting if simply mimicking a very late Firefox with the UA makes it usable...

willbproggin77

Unread post by willbproggin77 » 2017-09-25, 02:47

RJARRRPCGP wrote:That will be interesting if simply mimicking a very late Firefox with the UA makes it usable...
I did try with the latest Firefox user-agent per Walter's recommendation (see above). I also experimented with other user-agents -- older Firefox and Chrome strings -- and none of those made any difference. Namecheap is one fussy site! :P

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by RJARRRPCGP » 2017-09-25, 02:53

willbproggin77 wrote:
I did try with the latest Firefox user-agent per Walter's recommendation (see above). I also experimented with other user-agents -- older Firefox and Chrome strings -- and none of those made any difference. Namecheap is one fussy site! :P
I don't know if "fussy" as much as being very script-driven...