Sloooow rendering / scrolling on some sites

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
FRauANtje

Sloooow rendering / scrolling on some sites

Unread post by FRauANtje » 2017-09-04, 10:42

Hi,

I use Palemoon 24.4.2 64bit on Linux Debian 4.11.6-1 x86_64 GNU/Linux.

Some sites are really slow in rendering, scrolling and even switching to other tabs. No such issues on firefox. Also in safe-mode, so no issue with an addon...

Try: http://www.mydealz.de.

Maybe you find the reason for the lag?

Thank you in advance,

FF

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Sloooow rendering / scrolling on some sites

Unread post by Night Wing » 2017-09-04, 13:31

I clicked on your link. No slow rendering for the site unless of course, you call one second to render slow. No problem switching tabs either. However scrolling isn't smooth on this site. The scrolling for me was choppy using my mouse.

I'm suing 64 bit linux Pale Moon 27.4.2 running in 64 bit linux Mint 18.2 with the Xfce desktop environment.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

themew

Unread post by themew » 2017-09-04, 15:27

Watching the status bar on the bottom (mine is located) the site continues to load elements from other servers as well as 'lazy loading' as you scroll which slows down and pauses scrolling.

The site is also not compressing or caching images correctly and although they use http2, they're still serving site assets from subdomains which slows down http2.

The site needs some major optimization and scrolling would significantly improve.

PM 27.4.2 Linux 64 bit Manjaro

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-09-04, 20:40

I'm assuming he meant 27.4.2? :problem:

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-09-04, 21:37

I confirm the lagging on mydealz.de. However, if you use the Firefox compatibility user agent it will magically behave "normally" in Pale Moon too.

A website the behaves like this based on the user-agent string alone, must be crappy as hell...? I admit these kind of issues are becoming annoying... (not referring to you FRauANtje, it's a general remark).

FRauANtje

Unread post by FRauANtje » 2017-09-08, 15:09

I confirm fast rendereing after faking user-agent to Win10/Edge.
Pale Moon rocks, crappy sites suxx!

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-09-08, 15:30

Best to use the Firefox-compatible one already provided by Pale Moon, instead of Edge (which makes even less sense). For Windows 10 x64 currently it is:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:45.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.2 Firefox/45.9 PaleMoon/27.4.2

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-08, 15:38

Just use firefox compatibility mode in Options. No override needed if I understood correctly.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite