zotero integration with PM 27?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
quixote

zotero integration with PM 27?

Unread post by quixote » 2017-08-16, 22:23

I'm totally dependent on Zotero for a book-length project.

I've also been hanging on with FF-esr 45 to stop them from breaking everything for me. But more and more web sites don't work, so it's time to switch. But if I can't get zotero working in PM, I'm dead in the water. So I hope somebody has a solution for me!

I gather zotero 4.0.29.16 works with PM 27.4.1, which is what I have, running under Debian testing/buster. I installed it using synaptic and also installed xul-ext-zotero so it would integrate with the browser.

It seems to have put everything in /usr/share. It runs fine as a standalone, and it also imported my vast number of citations. So far, so good, but I need it in the browser.

How do I get Pale Moon to see the browser integration thingy? I tried "install extension from file" under settings in the addon page, but I can't find which file to point it at.

Help! :?

quixote

Re: zotero integration with PM 27?

Unread post by quixote » 2017-08-30, 00:28

I've been trying different themes. Once I started using Compact Moon 1.6.0, suddenly Zotero started working within the browser. (I have Zot. 4.0.29.19

Not sure if there's a causal connection, or it just happens to be working and will quit tomorrow. So I don't know if the problem is actually solved, but I wanted to let the forum know that different themes might be worth trying.