JDK-8u144 and Javascript Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
breadmoth

JDK-8u144 and Javascript

Unread post by breadmoth » 2017-08-15, 19:58

I unfortunately need Java, so I downloaded jdk-8u144-x86_64 from oracle for Linux, and successfully installed it but Pale Moon does not see the plugin. How do I activate it? Unfortunately there are sites that require it, especially sites that are e-commerce like Amazon, etc.

-edit

Basically any sites that use javascript now tells me to enable it, and I made sure to have noscript allow all on said page that I know are safe but need java.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: JDK-8u144 and Javascript

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-15, 20:40

JavaScript is NOT the same as Java.
If the page complains about needing JavaScript, you need to double-check your NoScript extension's settings.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

breadmoth

Re: JDK-8u144 and Javascript

Unread post by breadmoth » 2017-08-15, 20:45

Moonchild wrote:JavaScript is NOT the same as Java.
If the page complains about needing JavaScript, you need to double-check your NoScript extension's settings.

derp, yea checking noscript quickly resolved that issue. :oops: