Impossible to display some tumblr sites

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

muselato
Moongazer
Moongazer

Impossible to display some tumblr sites

Postby muselato » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:07 am

If I try to display some tumblr sites under safe mode I obtain only a notification
The page isn't redirecting properly
Pale Moon has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

and that's all. The URL of the concerned sites has "tumblr.com/#_=_" in its end in the URL bar. I have no problem to access that sites with other browsers. This behaviour has started to occur after I updated Pale Moon from 27.4.0 to 27.4.1 (from the repository for Debian and Ubuntu).

GMforker
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Impossible to display some tumblr sites

Postby GMforker » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:35 am

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Postby Moonchild » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:45 am

Clear your cookies. That will likely solve this problem.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

muselato
Moongazer
Moongazer

Postby muselato » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:07 pm

Well, the curious behaviour strangely appeared and strangely disappeared. I even didn't touch the cookies or anything else, at least I am not aware of any my deliberate intervention.

Pale Moon Rising
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Postby Pale Moon Rising » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:12 pm

muselato wrote:Well, the curious behaviour strangely appeared and strangely disappeared. I even didn't touch the cookies or anything else, at least I am not aware of any my deliberate intervention.
Perhaps as a result of using the website again when you did the cookie problem was then replaced/corrected.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN7(64-bit) | I3 CPU, 2.53 GHz, 4G RAM

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers

Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

gracious1
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby gracious1 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:46 am

muselato wrote:If I try to display some tumblr sites under safe mode I obtain only a notification
The page isn't redirecting properly
Pale Moon has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

and that's all.

I get this frequently at Spanish Flashcards. Usually I just wait and the problem corrects itself. But when it happened tonight, I tried deleting all the cookies associated, as suggested in this thread, and it worked. I have complained to the webmaster, but he claims there is nothing wrong at his end.
ImageBe not the first by whom the new are tried, nor yet the last to lay the old aside.

Return to “Pale Moon for Linux”