Impossible to display some tumblr sites Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
muselato

Impossible to display some tumblr sites

Unread post by muselato » 2017-08-06, 06:07

If I try to display some tumblr sites under safe mode I obtain only a notification
The page isn't redirecting properly
Pale Moon has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.
and that's all. The URL of the concerned sites has "tumblr.com/#_=_" in its end in the URL bar. I have no problem to access that sites with other browsers. This behaviour has started to occur after I updated Pale Moon from 27.4.0 to 27.4.1 (from the repository for Debian and Ubuntu).

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Impossible to display some tumblr sites

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-06, 10:45

Clear your cookies. That will likely solve this problem.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

muselato

Unread post by muselato » 2017-08-07, 13:07

Well, the curious behaviour strangely appeared and strangely disappeared. I even didn't touch the cookies or anything else, at least I am not aware of any my deliberate intervention.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-08-07, 18:12

muselato wrote:Well, the curious behaviour strangely appeared and strangely disappeared. I even didn't touch the cookies or anything else, at least I am not aware of any my deliberate intervention.
Perhaps as a result of using the website again when you did the cookie problem was then replaced/corrected.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-08-08, 01:46

muselato wrote:If I try to display some tumblr sites under safe mode I obtain only a notification
The page isn't redirecting properly
Pale Moon has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.
and that's all.
I get this frequently at Spanish Flashcards. Usually I just wait and the problem corrects itself. But when it happened tonight, I tried deleting all the cookies associated, as suggested in this thread, and it worked. I have complained to the webmaster, but he claims there is nothing wrong at his end.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀