Impossible to display some tumblr sites

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

muselato
Moongazer
Moongazer

Impossible to display some tumblr sites

Postby muselato » Sun, 06 Aug 2017, 06:07

If I try to display some tumblr sites under safe mode I obtain only a notification
The page isn't redirecting properly
Pale Moon has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

and that's all. The URL of the concerned sites has "tumblr.com/#_=_" in its end in the URL bar. I have no problem to access that sites with other browsers. This behaviour has started to occur after I updated Pale Moon from 27.4.0 to 27.4.1 (from the repository for Debian and Ubuntu).

GMforker
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Impossible to display some tumblr sites

Postby GMforker » Sun, 06 Aug 2017, 06:35

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Postby Moonchild » Sun, 06 Aug 2017, 10:45

Clear your cookies. That will likely solve this problem.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

muselato
Moongazer
Moongazer

Postby muselato » Mon, 07 Aug 2017, 13:07

Well, the curious behaviour strangely appeared and strangely disappeared. I even didn't touch the cookies or anything else, at least I am not aware of any my deliberate intervention.

Pale Moon Rising
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Postby Pale Moon Rising » Mon, 07 Aug 2017, 18:12

muselato wrote:Well, the curious behaviour strangely appeared and strangely disappeared. I even didn't touch the cookies or anything else, at least I am not aware of any my deliberate intervention.
Perhaps as a result of using the website again when you did the cookie problem was then replaced/corrected.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN7(64-bit) | I3 CPU, 2.53 GHz, 4G RAM

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers

Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

gracious1
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby gracious1 » Tue, 08 Aug 2017, 01:46

muselato wrote:If I try to display some tumblr sites under safe mode I obtain only a notification
The page isn't redirecting properly
Pale Moon has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

and that's all.

I get this frequently at Spanish Flashcards. Usually I just wait and the problem corrects itself. But when it happened tonight, I tried deleting all the cookies associated, as suggested in this thread, and it worked. I have complained to the webmaster, but he claims there is nothing wrong at his end.
Image "Silence is the sleep that nourishes wisdom" — Francis Bacon

Return to “Pale Moon for Linux”