strange youtube behaviour Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
paleface2

strange youtube behaviour

Unread post by paleface2 » 2017-07-26, 09:16

Just switched to pale moon from chromium. Really like it so far.
normally on youtube you get an advert at the beginning of some videos, and you get a skip advert after.. button to press.
Normally when I press this the main video starts to play but on pale moon the advert just keeps repeating!
Anyone else have this happening?
pale moon ver. 27.4.0 32bit
only addons I have are:
Last pass (had this on chromium too)
Complete youtube saver

qrestlove

Re: strange youtube behaviour

Unread post by qrestlove » 2017-07-26, 19:14

I've also had this happen with a different browser. It seems to be something new on Google's end conflicting with Flash. Flash seems to take a second to load, while in the meantime the video will start already playing the HTML5 version.

I was able to circumvent the issue by disabling Flash -- Youtube works with HTML5 entirely so it's not a problem there.

paleface2

Unread post by paleface2 » 2017-07-27, 06:47

Thanks I will disable flash for a while.

paleface2

Unread post by paleface2 » 2017-07-27, 11:59

have flash disabled but it is still happening!

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2017-07-27, 12:55

paleface2 wrote:Just switched to pale moon from chromium. Really like it so far.
normally on youtube you get an advert at the beginning of some videos, and you get a skip advert after.. button to press.
Normally when I press this the main video starts to play but on pale moon the advert just keeps repeating!
I do not get any repeating ads in YouTube using 64 bit linux Pale Moon (27.4.0).
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

mhkanon

Unread post by mhkanon » 2017-07-27, 13:11

Use "ublock" it never happen. I am using it for disable ad.

paleface2

Unread post by paleface2 » 2017-07-28, 08:12

Night Wing wrote:
paleface2 wrote:Just switched to pale moon from chromium. Really like it so far.
I do not get any repeating ads in YouTube using 64 bit linux Pale Moon (27.4.0).
I am on a 32bit machine so that is not an option
I don't want to use ublock as I prefer to use a system wide hostsfile, and the behaviour didn't happen on Chrome, Chromium Opera and some others.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2017-07-28, 10:21

@paleface2

What linux distro are you using?
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

paleface2

Unread post by paleface2 » 2017-07-28, 10:44

@ Night Wing
Using Arch 32bit
Anyway I have got rid of the problem by installing the addon "No script" and blocking scripts on youtube and then installing "Grease Monkey" and using a script with it to automatically play videos using vlc media player.
Now I don't even see any ads the video I click on just plays in vlc. So I am now glad I had this problem!

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2017-07-29, 20:21

I use Arch 64-bit at work with 64-bit Pale Moon and do not have this problem. I do run AdBlock Prime though...

biopsin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by biopsin » 2017-08-14, 07:51

Just started gettin these neverending coke ads too, can't skip em (flash is set to ask, so I suppose issue is server side)
I don't mind ads as long they behave and can be skipped after a moment..
(oh yeah happens on PM27.4.1 linux with hosts block & 27.3.0 OSX with no blocking)
voidlinux_x64 glibc-2.38 / Palemoon_latest release (gcc-13.2.0) / GTK2

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2017-08-14, 10:21

odd,
I have never had such issues with you-tube in pale moon,in fact i have never had any problems at all.No ads .I use linux lite with UBO.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1