Missing icons in Calculate Linux 17.6 Xfce Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
mtbvfr

Missing icons in Calculate Linux 17.6 Xfce

Unread post by mtbvfr » 2017-07-24, 01:42

Hi All,

I installed Calculate Linux 17.6 Xfce yesterday and just a short while ago I installed Pale Moon 27.4.0 (64-bit).

The following icons are missing.

Navigation Toolbar
  • Back button
    Forward button
    Reload button
    Home button
    Search button
Tabs
  • Close button
    New Tab button
There are icons missing from the File, Edit, History, Tools and Help menus also.

The following output was produced when I executed the Installer.
/usr/share/themes/NOX/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:233: Murrine configuration option "gradients" is no longer supported and will be ignored.
Password: /usr/share/themes/NOX/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:233: Murrine configuration option "gradients" is no longer supported and will be ignored.
which: no palemoon in (/tmp/pminstaller.001OtT/bin/x86_64:/tmp/pminstaller.001OtT/tools:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/opt/bin:/opt/nvidia-cg-toolkit/bin:/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin:/opt/vmware/bin:/opt/cuda/bin)
/usr/share/themes/NOX/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:233: Murrine configuration option "gradients" is no longer supported and will be ignored.
gtk-update-icon-cache: Cache file created successfully.
which: no update-alternatives in (/tmp/pminstaller.001OtT/bin/x86_64:/tmp/pminstaller.001OtT/tools:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/opt/bin:/opt/nvidia-cg-toolkit/bin:/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin:/opt/vmware/bin:/opt/cuda/bin)
How do I fix it?

Thanks, MTB.

troypulk

Re: Missing icons in Calculate Linux 17.6 Xfce

Unread post by troypulk » 2017-07-24, 03:39

If I understand you correctly, Right click on the bar where the TABS are, you will see customize and other options.

Try that.

mtbvfr

Unread post by mtbvfr » 2017-07-24, 04:04

troypulk wrote:If I understand you correctly, Right click on the bar where the TABS are, you will see customize and other options.

Try that.
The Icons are missing, Not the Buttons.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2017-07-24, 07:20

Which icon theme are you using? See if using another icon theme helps.

tired_eyes

Unread post by tired_eyes » 2017-10-16, 08:51

Hi, I can confirm this issue. This is what it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/F7NzM
I'm using Pale Moon 27.5.1 64bit official binary on Calculate Linux 17.6 with KDE Plasma 5.11. The problem occurs only on default theme, other themes seems to look as expected. Tried various GTK themes in Plasma settings, no effect.