Missing Navigation button icons in Debian Linux KDE Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Lenny

Missing Navigation button icons in Debian Linux KDE

Unread post by Lenny » 2017-07-03, 15:50

Hi all,

I am a big fan of Pale Moon browser. I just installed it from the tarball palemoon-27.3.0.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 in my Debian stable KDE Plasma OS and am running it in from a BASH shell from my home account as user. So this is Pale Moon Version 27.3.0 (64-bit). I did this because my linux distro. does not maintain the deb package for Pale Moon 64-bit.

This Pale Moon browser works great so far. This matter is only one of aesthetics.

The proper navigation button icons are missing...only shows white page icons with red x in the middle--all the same for all four buttons, left-to-right:
<Go back one page.> <Go forward one page.> <Reload current page.> <Go to home page.>

I would like to use icons that look different, say left arrow, right arrow, circle, house.

I searched through this forum's archives. The only problem that seemed similar was the one mentioned at viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4680&p=28761&hilit=icon#p28761
but I could not read the solution because I am not a member of sourceforge.net and the URL just displayed a user login dialog box for that website.

Does anybody know where I could put icons that correspond to these four buttons ?

I have a couple of graphics programs that I could use to make icons if I cannot find the proper ones on the web. (If you already know a good source for these icons, please mention it.)

Lenny

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Missing Navigation button icons in Debian Linux KDE

Unread post by adesh » 2017-07-03, 18:18

Pale Moon is uses GTK2 for its GUI and, like other GTK applications, will not play well in a Qt environment. You may need to set icon them for GTK apps somewhere in your gtkrc.
I do not use KDE myself but these links might help in this regard:
https://gofloss.wordpress.com/2015/12/0 ... using-kde/
https://askubuntu.com/questions/333311/ ... ing-on-kde

Lenny

Unread post by Lenny » 2017-07-03, 19:31

Oh!, I followed the first URL you posted, adesh. It worked splendidly. No need to search for icons. Thank you for your help, adesh.

stevenpusser
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by stevenpusser » 2017-07-05, 18:57

There is also a Debian repository for Pale Moon packages that has the approval of the PM developers, so it's not really that hard to get a deb.