Scroll bar has disapeared

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Hyouchuu

Scroll bar has disapeared

Unread post by Hyouchuu » 2017-05-17, 06:58

Hello, I've been using Pale Moon for a while now and all of a sudden the right hand scroll bar has disappeared. I cannot see it on any page, however sometimes I am still able to click and scroll where the bar would be. The scroll bar is still on every other window and browser, but it is entirely missing every where in Pale moon. Can anyone help?

lightning slinger

Re: Scroll bar has disapeared

Unread post by lightning slinger » 2017-05-17, 14:28

Are you using the default theme?

Walter Dnes
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Walter Dnes » 2017-05-17, 17:17

See my reply in thread viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15710 for how to restore the classic look.
There's a right way
There's a wrong way
And then there's my way

Hyouchuu

Unread post by Hyouchuu » 2017-05-17, 20:03

lightning slinger wrote:Are you using the default theme?
Wow, looks like I was a real dunderhead. I switched back to the default theme and the scroll bar is back good as new. Still, I wonder why it doesn't work on any other theme I try. I kind of like other themes.

Hyouchuu

Unread post by Hyouchuu » 2017-05-17, 20:05

Walter Dnes wrote:See my reply in thread viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15710 for how to restore the classic look.
The problem is it only ever effected Pale Moon, every other program had beautiful scroll bars all the time. When I switched back to the default PM theme like the other guy said to, the scroll bar is back. It seems to only effect other themes in PM.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2017-05-17, 22:33

What theme(s) are these? Official Pale Moon themes? I've used a few and I've never lost the scroll bar. Also I'm curious, what distro and desktop environment are you using?

Hyouchuu

Unread post by Hyouchuu » 2017-05-18, 01:10

helloimustbegoing wrote:What theme(s) are these? Official Pale Moon themes? I've used a few and I've never lost the scroll bar. Also I'm curious, what distro and desktop environment are you using?
Including, but not limited to, Material Moon and Dark Moon. Both obtained from the official Pale Moon sources. Using Fedora 25 with GNOME 3.22.2.