Minimizing PM closes PM

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, Indalecio, satrow

tosim
Moongazer
Moongazer

Minimizing PM closes PM

Postby tosim » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:19 pm

Running Linux Mint 18.1-MATE,64b, PM 27.1.2,64b. All of a sudden, today, When I click on the minimize PM, in order to see something on my desktop, PM no longer "drops" into taskbar-it just shuts down, and then I have to open a new instance of PM. Naturally, I've then lost the tabs I had. I've gone through the FAQ's, but nothing there. Would sure appreciate some assistance. Thank you.

stevepusser
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Minimizing PM closes PM

Postby stevepusser » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:44 am

Can you start Pale Moon from the terminal to see if any error messages appear when it vanishes?

Also, it's recommended that everyone upgrade to the latest 27.2.0 release--try that first to see if that cures the problem. If not, how did you install the program?

tosim
Moongazer
Moongazer

Postby tosim » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:55 pm

Thanks for answering. Terminal displays no errors upon opening PM. I initially installed it via the web using the PM installer. Been using it on all my machines, Linux and Win10, all 64b.

stevepusser
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby stevepusser » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Thanks for answering. Terminal displays no errors upon opening PM.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. Did you launch Pale Moon by issuing a terminal command, which is what I meant? I get the impression that you just opened a terminal and launched it from the menu...

tosim
Moongazer
Moongazer

Postby tosim » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Did as you suggested-Launched PM from terminal. Have now installed 27.2.0, 32b . Taskbar back, problem solved. Thank you again.

Return to “Pale Moon for Linux”