Streaming/Tennis TV issues

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow, Indalecio

qwetrydavid
Moongazer
Moongazer

Re: Streaming/Tennis TV issues

Postby qwetrydavid » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:43 am

trava90 wrote:Have you tried disabling MSE?

Same video quality and choppiness issues with MSE disabled. If you guys test the site for a few seconds it might seem ok and you might think I'm being anal. But the choppiness flares up more than every minute and drags on for several seconds, and the bit rate often fluctuates. I guess I should also confirm I have flash 24.0.0.221.

troypulk
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby troypulk » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:34 pm

stevepusser wrote:I have no trouble with that test clip http://camendesign.com/code/video_for_e ... /test.html with the MX 16 version, which is going to be the the same as the Jessie version in the OBS repository. I am running the latest ffmpeg 3.2.4 release, which is also available for you in jessie-backports--Jessie's libav is getting dated by now. Did you upgrade to 3.2.4 in the same way?

I'm using Debian 8 Testing with the latest files.

I personally don't think it's the distro or files that are installed, it's the way PM handles the Diva player the site uses because FF and Chromium work just fine unless it has something to do with the user agent, I'll check that when I get home tonight.

I'll down grade to an earlier version of PM and see what that will do.
SolydX EE x64

Pale Moon 27.1.1 x64 Linux

stevepusser
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby stevepusser » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:21 pm

troypulk wrote:
stevepusser wrote:I have no trouble with that test clip http://camendesign.com/code/video_for_e ... /test.html with the MX 16 version, which is going to be the the same as the Jessie version in the OBS repository. I am running the latest ffmpeg 3.2.4 release, which is also available for you in jessie-backports--Jessie's libav is getting dated by now. Did you upgrade to 3.2.4 in the same way?

I personally don't think it's the distro or files that are installed, it's the way PM handles the Diva player the site uses because FF and Chromium work just fine unless it has something to do with the user agent, I'll check that when I get home tonight.

Ummm...you lost me there. Debian 8 is stable, Debian 9 is currently testing. I hope that's just a typo and you aren't mixing the repositories to get shiny new stuff, since while that can instantly blow up the system in a spectacular fashion, it can also lead to much more subtle issues that are not immediately obvious and are the very devil to fix, if at all. The usual advice for a system in that state is to dust off and nuke it from orbit.

So--you are using the PM version directly from Pale Moon?

qwetrydavid
Moongazer
Moongazer

Postby qwetrydavid » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:56 pm

troypulk wrote:

Troy, I don't have playback problems with the Diva html5 player. It sometimes doesn't load, but video motion is good, and I just used it for a good 3 hours. Just the main flash player is too choppy. I think I'll give up on it for now. Option a: the Diva player; option b: Chromium; option c: some shitty pirate stream despite paying for offical HD streaming.

troypulk
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby troypulk » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:57 am

stevepusser wrote:So--you are using the PM version directly from Pale Moon?

Yes, from pale moon

I'm just trying to help qwetrydavid I'm not interested in watching tennis, plus I think I'm not helping much so I'm done with this one.
SolydX EE x64

Pale Moon 27.1.1 x64 Linux

Return to “Pale Moon for Linux”