PM doesn't start on Linux

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
raen_01

PM doesn't start on Linux

Unread post by raen_01 » 2016-12-29, 20:33

Hi guys,

I upgraded my Linux Mint install to v18.1 doing a fresh install reformating the partition. Installed PM using the Linux installer but after installed PM won't start saying that my profile can't be loaded, as it may be missing or inaccessible.

I have Mint installed on one ext4 partition, / mount point, and then my /home mount point on another ext4 partition, and I can only see that as the reason for PM not starting.

Removed the Pale Moon folder (".moonchild etc") from my Home folder, and even did a second fresh install of the OS, and same thing happens.

I previously had PM installed with the same Mint partition configuration and I could start it without problems, even though it was installed manually back then, and not via the PM Linux installer.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: PM doesn't start on Linux

Unread post by trava90 » 2016-12-29, 23:04

Make sure your file permissions are correct in your home folder. You can also try starting Pale Moon form the terminal using "palemoon -p" which will allow you to create a new profile.

raen_01

Re: PM doesn't start on Linux

Unread post by raen_01 » 2017-01-01, 22:19

I thought of that possibility, but everything else was running without issues,including Firefox for example.

After tinkering a little bit with the chmod command, the permissions seemed to be the issue as the PM folder was missing the execute permission for the user.

Thanks!