Search engines in PM27

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Nunya666

Search engines in PM27

Unread post by Nunya666 » 2016-12-22, 02:00

I updated PM to 27.0.3 in 64bit Mageia Linux, and the upgrade removed all of my custom search engines and replaced them with the default search engines.

half-moon

Re: Search engines in PM27

Unread post by half-moon » 2016-12-22, 14:09

Weird, there's no reason why custom search engines would be removed.

GreenGeek

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2016-12-22, 15:55

I can think of one reason. :roll:

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2016-12-22, 16:47

GreenGeek wrote:I can think of one reason. :roll:
... because they were custom Google engines? :crazy:

Being the fanatic that I am, I flushed all my old search engines and loaded every stinkin' search engine from the search engine page. I'm in the process of removing the ones I'll never use and I reluctantly re-added Google for those searches that StartPage doesn't quite do it for me. You see, I purposely bias the Google search engine towards programming and techie stuff. :twisted:

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2016-12-22, 17:06

Custom search engines wouldn't be removed from your user profile (where they usually live), not even Google. They would only get removed if they'd been added to the default engines that are pre-bundled in the installation directory.

See https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12814#p90657

GreenGeek

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2016-12-22, 18:19

And the bystander asks: what version were you updating from?
.. because they were custom Google engines?
No. Because: new, clean profile! (like upgrading from 26.x, or one was portable and one wasn't)