Pale Moon not recognizing flash plugins

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Easy_Rider

Pale Moon not recognizing flash plugins

Unread post by Easy_Rider » 2016-12-13, 17:20

After converting the O/S system to 64-bit, I installed Pale Moon 64-bit ver. 27.0.2 with Adobe Flash plug-in into Ubuntu 14.04 and all video types ran well.

Pale Moon then began to freeze during page views and the only way out was to reboot the computer, even in safe mode.

I then removed Pale Moon 64-bit ver. 27.0.2 and installed Pale Moon 32-bit ver. 26.2.1.
The 32-bit version works quite well (No freezing), but I cannot get the 32-bit version to display videos of any kind. I have tried Adobe Flash plugin, Pepper flash --- all to no avail. The plugins were uninstalled (purged) and rebooted between and after installations.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Demas

My computer Specs:

Dual boot Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit / Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Memory: 12 GiB
Processor: AMD Athelon IIX3 455
Graphics: GeForce GT 520/PCIe/SSE2
OS type: 64-bit
Disk: 126.3 GB

Easy_Rider

Re: Pale Moon not recognizing flash plugins

Unread post by Easy_Rider » 2016-12-14, 13:57

My situation has been resolved .... I removed Pale Moon 32-bit ver. 26.2.1 and upgraded to Pale Moon Version: 27.0.2 (x64).
This version (27.0.2 (x64)) of Pale Moon seems to be performing properly .... so far.