PM 27 not agreeing with atom

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
validus

PM 27 not agreeing with atom

Unread post by validus » 2016-12-04, 10:28

Hi! Just a note from one who couldn´t tell the difference between "compiling" and "combustion": On my machine there is a marked slowing down and jerkiness when using PM 27, compared to PM 26.5.0 (which was the last atom optimized version), particularly with PM 27.0.2. Being recommended to upgrade to PM 27 also when having an atom machine, I did so. But... Well, unless one of you frightfully savvy and kind co-PM-afficionados say otherwise (security issues?), I´m staying with PM 26.5.0.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: PM 27 not agreeing with atom

Unread post by trava90 » 2016-12-04, 12:05

Please provide more information. Have you tried with a new profile?

validus wrote:Being recommended to upgrade to PM 27 also when having an atom machine, I did so. But... Well, unless one of you frightfully savvy and kind co-PM-afficionados say otherwise (security issues?)
There are unfixed security risks in v26, and that number is only going to increase.

validus

Re: PM 27 not agreeing with atom

Unread post by validus » 2016-12-04, 12:18

Thank you, trava90, for confirming my suspicion! I will try to get my head around my profile. That´s in a geological time scale :thumbup: