Version 27 in Linux Topic is solved

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

gracious1
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Version 27 in Linux

Postby gracious1 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:03 am

I did that of course. I run sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade regularly. But for some reason, Pale Moon is not updating.
ImageBe not the first by whom the new are tried, nor yet the last to lay the old aside.

Toa-Nuva
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Toa-Nuva » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:04 am

Have you also tried "dist-upgrade" instead of just "upgrade"? I don't know if the Pale Moon package had any changes in its dependencies recently, but if it did, that might prevent it from updating on your system.

gracious1
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby gracious1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:23 am

Well, now here is something interesting. The last time I ran an update I got this:

Code: Select all

W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
B7B9C16F2667CA5C
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://download.opensuse.org  Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 0FAD31CA8719FCE4

W: Failed to fetch http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/stevenpusser/xUbuntu_14.04/Release 

W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

I am puzzled by this because I followed the instructions at the Pale Moon website on adding the repository to my sources list, along with the key, at https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Astevenpusser&package=palemoon

And I followed the instructions again, and I still got the same result.
ImageBe not the first by whom the new are tried, nor yet the last to lay the old aside.

Sector11

Postby Sector11 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:29 pm

Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://download.opensuse.org  Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 0FAD31CA8719FCE4
root@bunsen:/home/sector11#

I just got the same moments ago. :(

stevepusser
Lunatic
Lunatic

Postby stevepusser » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:55 pm

I have been informed that the commands that the openSUSE Build Service generates to add the key won't work with sudo, they must be run as root in the terminal. Without a root account as in Ubuntu, just run

sudo -i
in the terminal to create a temporary root shell in there, then run the commands in that root shell.

gracious1
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby gracious1 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:55 am

stevepusser wrote:Without a root account as in Ubuntu, just run

sudo -i
in the terminal to create a temporary root shell in there, then run the commands in that root shell.

This may have been asked already, but is there any way that you can add this notation to the instructions on your installation page at openSUSE?

stevepusser
Lunatic
Lunatic

Postby stevepusser » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Unfortunately not--the instruction page is automatically generated by the OBS. I can enter a project name, title, and description, and then package names, titles, and descriptions, but only the package name is shown in that instruction page, and I can't edit older posts of mine on these forums for some reason. Maybe a moderator could add the extra instructions to my first post in this thread?

Return to “Pale Moon for Linux”