preferences won't change pdf viewer Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
dougmack

preferences won't change pdf viewer

Unread post by dougmack » 2016-09-20, 23:28

I'm running 26.3.3 in PCLinuxOS KDE 64. It will not let me change the preferred pdf viewer to my choice of app, to wit: Master PD Editor 3. It insists on sending a pdf file to Open Office Draw. Or save file.
Nothing I have tried to do lets me do that. The Properties box for Master PDF specifies that the app is found in /usr/share/applications.masterpdfeditor3.desktop. What must I do to make Master PDF Editor 3
the preference for opening pdf documents?

--doug

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: preferences won't change pdf viewer

Unread post by ron_1 » 2016-09-21, 01:02

Have you tried setting this from Edit >> Preferences >> Applications Tab?

/usr/share/applications.masterpdfeditor3.desktop doesn't sound right. Sounds like the properties for the desktop icon, not the actual app. *I think* what you're looking for should be in /usr/bin/.

dougmack

Re: preferences won't change pdf viewer

Unread post by dougmack » 2016-09-21, 01:26

Thank you! I guess I should have looked for the actual file. That works fine.

--doug

PS: I don't know if I'm supposed to post "Solved" somewhere. If so, somebody tell me.