How to update palemoon atom for linux?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
n00b_zaxk

How to update palemoon atom for linux?

Unread post by n00b_zaxk » 2016-05-06, 07:10

Hi I'm new here can someone give me a guide to update palemoon atom for linux without losing data..I'm using linux mint 13 32bit :crazy:

Fedor2

Re: [Q] How to update palemoon atom for linux

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2016-05-06, 13:43

I installed palemoon on the linux recently, at first i just unpacked ther bz2 file, all was good except i couldn't set shortcuts icon. Then I found palemoon installer for linux here and reinstalled it, though profile, that is your data, is left intact. There was the update option too. On linux the profile located in the \home\<your login>\.moonchild productions, so for the precaution you are to copy that folder to another place. However i using not an atom version, but i suppose sure this is right for an atom version also.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: [Q] How to update palemoon atom for linux

Unread post by trava90 » 2016-05-08, 13:51

To update just simply extract the tarball for the newer version over your current version. Your profile will not be touched, so there will be no data loss.