facebook Enter-button not working Topic is solved

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon and specific Linux distribution questions related to the browser.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
If your question is about general use of the browser and not specific to Linux, then please use the General Support board.
catch22

facebook Enter-button not working

Post by catch22 » 2016-04-02, 09:04

Version: 26.1.1 (x64) on LinuxMint 17.3 Cinnamon.

On Facebook typing a comment should work with either Enter or Control-Enter, right?
Here it doesn't react on either correctly - it creates a new line instead, as in a text editor.

I disabled all my addons to see which one could be interfering - it's none, so I have no idea why this is not working.

I'm new to Pale Moon btw and love it.
It is frustrating though that I left Firefox behind me after being a fan for years, just because of similar Facebook hickups.

EDIT: and then sometimes the Enter *does* work correctly :wtf: so I just found out.

Andrew Gilbertson

Re: facebook Enter-button not working

Post by Andrew Gilbertson » 2016-04-04, 11:55

Sounds like your computer is not picking up the Key Up event on the Shift key for some reason - I think it's a hardware problem, as I've run into occasionally over the years; rather than a problem with Pale Moon. If it recurs - try hitting the Shift key a few times to see if that causes it to go away.

catch22

Post by catch22 » 2016-04-04, 17:55

AndyTheAbsurd wrote:Sounds like your computer is not picking up the Key Up event on the Shift key for some reason - I think it's a hardware problem, as I've run into occasionally over the years; rather than a problem with Pale Moon. If it recurs - try hitting the Shift key a few times to see if that causes it to go away.
It works normal in the Vivaldi browser, so it's not hardware related.
The Shift key trick isn't working.
For the time being, if I *really* need/want to comment on a Facebook post, I open the spare browser just for that.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Post by Pallid Planetoid » 2016-04-04, 19:32

Welcome to the forum catch22,

Yep, Pale Moon is absolutely the greatest. :thumbup: ... glad you found it! ;)

Check out this post by Moonchild: Facebook site compatibility.

If this UAO setting doesn't help try these (I've had good luck with these UAO settings):
Set "general.useragent.override.facebook.com" to "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:25.8) Gecko/20151126 PaleMoon/25.8.1".

You might also find you need to set the following:
1) "general.useragent.override.fbcdn.com" to "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:25.8) Gecko/20151126 PaleMoon/25.8.1"
2) "general.useragent.override.fbcdn.net" to "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:25.8) Gecko/20151126 PaleMoon/25.8.1"

Note: All settings are of course w/out quotes. ;)
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

catch22

Post by catch22 » 2016-04-04, 20:27

Thank you for the welcoming, Pale Moon Rising :wave:
Your link to Moonchild's post gave me solace, so thank you for that as well :thumbup: