Pale Moon, things don't fit properly Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
half-moon

Pale Moon, things don't fit properly

Unread post by half-moon » 2016-03-28, 13:56

On a lot of websites I go on, things don't really properly fit while using Pale Moon 26.1.1

I am running Korora 23 FDE 64-bit, and my monitor is at its max resolution of 1024x768.

eskaton
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Pale Moon, things don't fit properly

Unread post by eskaton » 2016-03-28, 14:02

Are you implying websites look fine at the resolution with Firefox or other browsers? 1024x768 is pretty tiny these days. I remember bumping up to 1152x864 back in the mid to late 90s.

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2016-03-28, 16:40

eskaton023 wrote:Are you implying websites look fine at the resolution with Firefox or other browsers?
I'm not really implying it's a palemoon thing, but more of a linux thing.
eskaton023 wrote:1024x768 is pretty tiny these days. I remember bumping up to 1152x864 back in the mid to late 90s.
1024x768 was fine for the most part when using windows. I'm guessing linux uses a different dpi setting, but I'm not sure. Also, I have no money to spend on a better monitor. I'm just lucky enough to not need to use a CRT.

BazBear

Unread post by BazBear » 2016-03-29, 01:07

half-moon wrote:
eskaton023 wrote:Are you implying websites look fine at the resolution with Firefox or other browsers?
eskaton023 wrote:1024x768 is pretty tiny these days. I remember bumping up to 1152x864 back in the mid to late 90s.
1024x768 was fine for the most part when using windows. I'm guessing linux uses a different dpi setting, but I'm not sure. Also, I have no money to spend on a better monitor. I'm just lucky enough to not need to use a CRT.
You could try adjusting the zoom (under View in the menu), that's worked for me on some sites that didn't want to "play nice".

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2016-03-29, 01:58

BazBear wrote:
half-moon wrote:
You could try adjusting the zoom (under View in the menu), that's worked for me on some sites that didn't want to "play nice".
That actually seemed to help. Thanks! :D :thumbup:

BazBear

Unread post by BazBear » 2016-03-29, 05:09

half-moon wrote:That actually seemed to help. Thanks! :D :thumbup:
No problem. :D