Random Pale Moon crashes in Antergos Linux

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
LivskaterOne

Random Pale Moon crashes in Antergos Linux

Unread post by LivskaterOne » 2016-02-16, 01:04

I have recently installed Pale Moon in Antergos Linux (with KDE Plasma 5.5.4) and have been getting these random and annoying crashes from Pale Moon and nothing else on my system seems to be affected. I ran Pale Moon from Terminal to try and see what went wrong and I'll I could really tell is that a core dump happened. I'm stumped on this and was wondering if I am missing something or if I'm just doing something wrong.

DE: KDE Plasma 5.5.4
Browser: Pale Moon 26.0.3

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Random Pale Moon crashes in Antergos Linux

Unread post by trava90 » 2016-02-16, 03:17

It's likely an issue with the oxygen-gtk2 theme engine. Please try another them engine and that should resolve the issue.

Also, check this recent thread as well: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=10869

LivskaterOne

Unread post by LivskaterOne » 2016-02-17, 19:19

In my GTK theme selection it is set to breeze and I still get a crash every so often.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LivskaterOne

Unread post by LivskaterOne » 2016-02-17, 19:22

This is the output I get when I run Pale Moon from terminal and it crashes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.