Protonmail will not log me in after recent update

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
IrishGhost

Protonmail will not log me in after recent update

Unread post by IrishGhost » 2016-02-08, 05:23

When i type my info, i hit "log in" and it seems to just refresh the page (weirdly enough it says "log out" in the corner right, but when i leave the page it logs me out anyway). It was fine on the previous version. Fix when?
Had this issue with Icecat as well.

Terryphi

Re: Protonmail will not log me in after recent update

Unread post by Terryphi » 2016-02-08, 09:20

Protonmail works as expected for me. Tested in PM 26.0.3 Linux 32bit. Check if you are accepting protonmail.com cookies.

IrishGhost

Unread post by IrishGhost » 2016-02-09, 21:24

Well, even with cookies enabled and addons disabled, it still doesn't fully log me in. Not sure what the problem is so I am assuming its the browser since before the last update i was completely fine.
Last edited by IrishGhost on 2016-02-09, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2016-02-09, 21:29

are you using a scriptblocker..?
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

IrishGhost

Unread post by IrishGhost » 2016-02-09, 21:33

Moonraker wrote:are you using a scriptblocker..?
Yes, and I allow the website. But even if noscript is disabled it still doesn't want to log in.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2016-02-10, 01:31

Works for me as well. Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies?

IrishGhost

Unread post by IrishGhost » 2016-02-10, 06:37

trava90 wrote:Works for me as well. Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies?
Yeah, I have. Still nothing

IrishGhost

Unread post by IrishGhost » 2016-02-13, 09:04

So found the problem, it was because of the security tweaks with browser.history.allow, i had it set to 'false' (changed it because of the tweak thread that Moonchild posted). Everything is running great now, had an issue with youtube not giving me the full address of the page (instead of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdx5nGphnAI, it would just display httpys://www.youtube.com) and this fixed the issue as well. Thanks for anyone who tried to help.

chai613

Unread post by chai613 » 2017-01-13, 19:59

Am having the same problem all of a sudden with Pale Moon not allowing Protonmail to connect.
ProtonMail has a two stage log in process. I can access the website, protonmail.com; I can pass the first level of security with my user name and password. But the second level won't open so I can enter the secondary password.
It just tries to load, endlessly.

Seems like there should be something I can change in Pale Moon settings to permit this?
Or, can Pale Moon make itself compatible with Protonmail?
It had been for many months, then all of a sudden, it no longer completes its log in process.
My system hasn't changed, except for whatever Windows 7 updates are automatically done, and whatever Pale Moon updates are automatically done.

Please advise !

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2017-01-14, 01:00

I myself have no issues with Protonmail.