Custom toolbar disappearing bug in PM for Linux v25.8.1

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
IronGiant350

Custom toolbar disappearing bug in PM for Linux v25.8.1

Unread post by IronGiant350 » 2015-12-05, 04:32

I'm running Linux Mint 17.2 Mate 64 bit and I was running PM for Linux v25.8.1 64 bit. The bug concerns a custom toolbar not only disappearing from sight but the custom toolbar entry also disappears from View --> Toolbars as well. The original name was "Lower Deck" but when I manually re-added the toolbar and icons I changed the name to "Lower_Deck" thinking that Linux didn't like the space.

As soon as I closed PM and re-opened it the toolbar was gone again. After uninstalling v25.8.1 and reinstalling v25.8.0 the custom toolbar and menu entry automatically reappeared. This seemed a viable workaround since v25.8.1 didn't introduce any new security fixes.

If this is not the proper place to post a bug report please let me know. I can post screenshots simulating the issue if it would help.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Custom toolbar disappearing bug in PM for Linux v25.8.1

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-12-05, 04:33

Using ublock Origin by any chance?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

IronGiant350

Unread post by IronGiant350 » 2015-12-06, 08:57

Yes I am using Ublock Origin. Would a list of all my extensions be helpful?

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-12-06, 10:29

Hi IronGiant,

It's currently a known issue when using ublock Origin.

Please see these threads: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10334, viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10352, and viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8266#p71296

racorbin2010

Unread post by racorbin2010 » 2015-12-06, 16:17

I have had custom toolbars disappearing for many releases of PM4L. The culprit is the extension Dragit 3.2.1.1-signed. When it is active, custom toolbars ALWAYS disappear after restart. When the extension is inactive, the custom toolbars re-appear. Is anyone else having the same problem?

This is not PM4L's fault because I had the same problem in pre-Australis Firefox also. (Not sure about FF now since I no longer use it.) The thing is that the functionality of dragging a link Up to open it in foreground and dragging a link Down to open it in background is so useful to me that I have learned to live without extra toolbars, but now I would like a custom toolbar. So far I havent found another extension with same feature as Dragit.

Any thoughts or recommendations, assuming I am not the only person with this problem?

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-12-06, 19:26

racorbin2010 wrote:So far I havent found another extension with same feature as Dragit.....

........Any thoughts or recommendations, assuming I am not the only person with this problem?
I just searched for drag and whole bunch of results poop-up, here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/search/?q=drag+&appver=24.9platform=windows
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

IronGiant350

Unread post by IronGiant350 » 2015-12-07, 05:59

Hello trava90

Thank you for the links. I didn't know that browser themes(skins) were also known as personas. In my case I never saw any graphical glitches or miscoloration in my custom browser theme. I'm running a PCIe Geforce 7300 GT with proprietary driver nvidia-304.

It was as though my custom toolbar had completely collapsed in on itself.