Cookies

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
David6FEO

Cookies

Unread post by David6FEO » 2019-02-17, 18:32

I like the way PM 27.4.0 (64bit) handles cookies.

Is it possible for later versions of PM to do the same?

David.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Cookies

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-02-17, 23:52

What are you referring to, specifically?
I can't find any significant differences between 27 and 28 in how cookies are handled.
Are you perhaps referring to an extension?

David6FEO

Unread post by David6FEO » 2019-02-18, 03:33

Thank you for the reply.

The way I've got version 27 set up for cookies to be accepted then the site needs to be in a list with flags set to allow, allow for session or deny, I can then control that list. Version 28 seems different, where it 'allows sites to store cookies and data', but it does not give me the option to add a site to the list when I'm browsing the net, unless I've got something set up incorrectly.

David.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-02-18, 03:55

It almost sounds like you have your version 27 set up with the old "ask me every time" setting for cookies. If that's the case, no, that was removed as of PM 27.7.0 and will not be reinstated.

There are a variety of cookie-controlling extensions that work with PM 28, so perhaps one of those will suit your needs.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

struppi
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by struppi » 2019-02-20, 11:50

OH? :-(

This was for me the main or last reason why I switched to Pale Moon. I liked this, since I found it in firefox (3.x?) and it give me control over the sites which are allowed to set cookies.

So, what is happened with the list I create over the years?
Actually, there is a list, but if I change the option in the user menu, it switch automaticly back.