mouse scrolling restarts Manjaro

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

User avatar
jojopara
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 11:54

mouse scrolling restarts Manjaro

Unread postby jojopara » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 11:57

Hello,

The title says it all.

Any ideas?

User avatar
therube
Astronaut
Astronaut
Posts: 640
Joined: Fri, 08 Jun 2018, 17:02

Re: mouse scrolling restarts Manjaro

Unread postby therube » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 16:48

What is Manjaro?

User avatar
jojopara
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 11:54

Re: mouse scrolling restarts Manjaro

Unread postby jojopara » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 18:39

therube wrote:What is Manjaro?


Manjaro in Arch Linux-based distribution.

In Linux Mint there was not such a problem.

tooshorttoolong
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon, 11 Sep 2017, 14:28

Re: mouse scrolling restarts Manjaro

Unread postby tooshorttoolong » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 21:50

It might be a bug in your graphics driver triggered by Pale Moon using hardware accelerated rendering? Check the "layers.acceleration" settings in about:config, by default they should be all set to "false".

Or possibly buggy hardware.

vannilla
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat, 05 May 2018, 13:29

Re: mouse scrolling restarts Manjaro

Unread postby vannilla » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 23:55

The title isn't very informative.
Does it happen only with Pale Moon?
Does it happen when you visit a specific site or it happens with any site?
Do you use any add-on?

User avatar
jojopara
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 11:54

Re: mouse scrolling restarts Manjaro

Unread postby jojopara » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 11:54

tooshorttoolong wrote:It might be a bug in your graphics driver triggered by Pale Moon using hardware accelerated rendering? Check the "layers.acceleration" settings in about:config, by default they should be all set to "false".

Or possibly buggy hardware.


I do not understand your first sentence. WHat/How should I do hardware accelerated rendering?

I set all llayers.acceleration to 'tru' with no effect. I chamged back.

M hardware is very new. Only, I have not got separate video card but use the built-in one..

vannilla
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat, 05 May 2018, 13:29

Re: mouse scrolling restarts Manjaro

Unread postby vannilla » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 18:00

I have an integrated video card too (since I'm on a laptop), and I have no issues even though I have hardware acceleration enabled.
If you can, please answer the questions I asked. That would give many more informations.

User avatar
Moonraker
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back
Posts: 884
Joined: Wed, 30 Sep 2015, 23:02
Location: Lincolnshire.UK.

Re: mouse scrolling restarts Manjaro

Unread postby Moonraker » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 18:21

Manjaro is just one big pain in the backside.its very picky about where it is installed.Not the best distro i must say.I would suggest mint or lite or even slacko which is what i am using at the moment even though slacko can be very temperemantal at times.
Slacko puppy linux 64bit.
Pale moon 27.9.0

User avatar
jojopara
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 11:54

Re: mouse scrolling restarts Manjaro

Unread postby jojopara » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 19:42

vannilla wrote:The title isn't very informative.
Does it happen only with Pale Moon?
Does it happen when you visit a specific site or it happens with any site?
Do you use any add-on?


It happens only in Palemoon whem I scroll up and down a page on any site. I have no add-onns.

User avatar
jojopara
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 11:54

Re: mouse scrolling restarts Manjaro

Unread postby jojopara » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 19:43

Moonraker wrote:Manjaro is just one big pain in the backside.its very picky about where it is installed.Not the best distro i must say.I would suggest mint or lite or even slacko which is what i am using at the moment even though slacko can be very temperemantal at times.


I was with Mint. I loke Manjaro and this is the only trouble I have. I can and use othe browsers too, though.


Return to “Pale Moon for Linux”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests