Links won't open--- Problem Identified.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
zack832

Links won't open--- Problem Identified.

Unread post by zack832 » 2018-01-23, 05:50

Got a new weird issue. I"m using version 27.4.2 64 bit on mint 17.3. Have a couple of issues I've been living with but this new one is a real problem. All of a sudden every time I click on a link the screen flashes then returns to the page I was on, not the new tab the link should have opened. If I right click I can open the link in a new tab as it should.

Note I'm running a dual Pale moon setup - 2 profiles running at the same time. The second profile is not exhibiting the same issue.
Last edited by zack832 on 2018-01-23, 06:00, edited 1 time in total.

zack832

Re: Links won't open

Unread post by zack832 » 2018-01-23, 05:58

After going into safe mode, I find it's one of the extensions I'm using. After some digging it is related to u-block origin 1.13.8.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Links won't open

Unread post by gracious1 » 2018-01-23, 10:21

zack832 wrote:After going into safe mode, I find it's one of the extensions I'm using. After some digging it is related to u-block origin 1.13.8.
Why not upgrade to the latest uBlock Origin? You don't have to stick with what is available at AMO.
Read these instructions on how to install uBlock Origin.
Give it a try; see if it works. ;)
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Links won't open--- Problem Identified.

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-01-23, 11:41

@ zack832
Off-topic:
Just curious.

I also use 64 bit linux MInt, but I use (18.3). Since you're running Pale Moon 27.4.2, is there a good reason why you haven't updated to version (27.7.1)? Staying on a old version of Pale Moon does create problems eventually.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

zack832

Re: Links won't open--- Problem Identified.

Unread post by zack832 » 2018-01-23, 17:38

AS to the ublock update I did find and install ublock Origin Updater 1.3.0 that will keep it updated to the latest version.

In regard to updating Palemoon, I jumped through hoops to get the dual profiles installed and have not found an easy way to update and keep it running as I have it - but then I really haven't looked that hard. I've been dealing with one issue that odds are would be resolved if I updated or reinstalled - I cannot send a link to Thunderbird to email. I do that often and have to copy and paste. I have other installs of Palemoon on other systems and it works fine on those.

Update: just downloaded and ran Pale Moon for Linux Installer and did the update to 27.7.1 Still have the email issue....
Last edited by zack832 on 2018-01-23, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.