Looking for a new maintainer for FossaMail

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Looking for a new maintainer for FossaMail

Post by Moonchild » 2017-03-11, 14:08

As part of my investigation of work load and what I'm able to give proper attention, FossaMail has been falling through the cracks on more than a few occasions.

As such, I'm looking for a new maintainer. Someone who will take over development, support, releases and general publication of the client.

What I offer:
  • Full ownership of the FossaMail brand and trademarks
  • Full transfer of the related domain fossamail.org.
What I require:
  • The new maintainer must keep the client in the general spirit of FossaMail (independent, vendor-neutral mail/news/chat client without in-app ads).
    Which code base(s) to build from will be up to new maintainer (no requirement to keep building from Pale Moon back-end).
  • Responsibility in terms of keeping users of the client safe with security updates.
  • A signed agreement for transfer and to bind to the requirements for development.
No compensation is required otherwise -- the Fossa just needs a better home.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Looking for a new maintainer for FossaMail

Post by Moonchild » 2017-04-10, 13:55

One month down the road, there hasn't been anyone to respond to this, in any way, through any channel.

I guess that's as clear a signal as any.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose