FossaMail has now been updated to version 27. This is a big milestone release because both the application code and the back-end/platform have been overhauled.
This also means that to update, you need to take special care if you use a language pack! See below.
A brief summary of the biggest changes:
- Switched the rendering engine to Goanna.
- Switched the back-end code to Pale Moon 27.
- Hoisted most of the application code to be Thunderbird 38 equivalent in functionality.
- Added support for a few additional authentication methods for connecting to mail servers.
- Integrated lightning into the application (no longer a separate download).
For people using a language pack, for the smoothest transition to this new version, please follow the following steps:
- Uninstall your current language pack (using the add-ons manager in FossaMail).
- Install FossaMail 27.
- Get a new, v27 compatible, language pack from our server and install it.
You can download the new version (Windows or Linux, 32-bit or 64-bit) and language packs from the FossaMail website, as usual.