RSS feeds icons

Development discussions for FossaMail
Octopuss

RSS feeds icons

Unread post by Octopuss » 2015-03-26, 16:10

Thunderbird shows site icons in front of feeds' names. I think it was broken for years (not showing 90% of the time and putting that orange generic icon there instead), but they finally made it to work some time in the recent months. FossaMail seems to have the old behaviour, so I was wondering if this could be added?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: RSS feeds icons

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-26, 18:40

if you can find the bugzilla bug # with the relevant bug/tb patch in it, then I (or Tobin) can have a look at porting it over to FossaMail.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2015-03-26, 19:24

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-31, 03:18

Well, it's close, anyway. I poked at it and I got favicons to load (sometimes) in the subscription window, but the tree view is still stubbornly not displaying them.
Tobin, I'll push a dev branch up, maybe you can poke at this because I'm not too terribly at home in comm.

(maybe a wholesale port of the newsblog embedded extension from TB31+ is the way to go, instead, and go from there?)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2015-06-18, 19:35

Any news regarding this?

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2015-10-12, 11:27

Is bumping allowed?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-10-12, 11:43

Octopuss wrote:Is bumping allowed?
It is generally frowned upon.

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2015-10-12, 12:15

Could this be related to bug #1005064?

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2016-03-29, 10:48

Still nothing? :(

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-03-29, 12:40

Octopuss wrote:Still nothing? :(
Obviously nobody has had time to look into this yet.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2016-07-12, 08:53

Over a year and noone had time to look at it? :(

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-07-12, 13:49

Octopuss wrote:Over a year and noone had time to look at it? :(
Correct.
Feel free to lend a hand if it is important to you.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2016-07-13, 07:32

I don't know anything about programming.
I just thought it could be easy to add when it was already fixed on Mozilla's end. I am sure it works correctly in Thunderbird.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-07-13, 08:58

Just because it's fixed in Thunderbird doesn't necessarily say anything about the ease or difficulty of implementing it.
Also, the relative ease of implementing it doesn't say anything about the time needed to implement it.
The time needed to implement it doesn't say anything about the time we can set aside for it.

I've already looked at it, and got a partial fix. Obviously it's not an easy or quick fix for me with the knowledge of the mail application that I have "in pocket".
Since Tobin is more familiar with comm-central (communication suite) because of his past with SeaMonkey development, I delegated. It's likely in need of a few more changes, but I don't know where.
This will take time to research, and unfortunately compared to getting the browser core re-based this is really low priority for me.
I don't know anything about programming
Finding a patch and applying it doesn't necessarily require much programming knowledge. You can try and learn?