New maintainer for FossaMail

Development discussions for FossaMail
DutchPete

Re: New maintainer for FossaMail

Unread post by DutchPete » 2017-03-12, 13:47

Cassette wrote:I can attest that the transfer back to Thunderbird is relatively simple. The mail and accounts transferred without a hitch. The biggest problem is getting a theme that looks the way I like it that doesn't have problems. If FossaMail picks up a new maintainer, I can just move back, but given the lack of an Encrypted Web maintainer, I don't have much hope of that.
Transfer back to another one that is on death row? No thanks. And for FM to flourish it needs more than a maintainer.

Cassette
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Cassette » 2017-03-12, 13:59

DutchPete wrote:Transfer back to another one that is on death row? No thanks. And for FM to flourish it needs more than a maintainer.
I thought it was better than whining and complaining.

Latitude

Re: Looking for a new maintainer for Fossamail

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-03-14, 12:22

Moonchild wrote:Really?
Would the FM forum still be hosted in PM forum (like in present times)? Or, would it be up to the new maintainers?

And, would you observe the FM development from distance?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-03-14, 17:49

latitude wrote:Would the FM forum still be hosted in PM forum (like in present times)? Or, would it be up to the new maintainers?
That depends on the new maintainer(s). I'd offer to continue hosting it on the forum if needed, although ultimately it would be best if they have it all in house, of course.
latitude wrote:And, would you observe the FM development from distance?
Not really, unless there would be reason to believe that people aren't keeping up on their agreement.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite