[SOLVED]security exception

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
olino

[SOLVED]security exception

Unread post by olino » 2014-04-18, 16:16

Im using mail from provider who uses own certificates and when I tick pernamently store exception it does not last forever. After every reboot of pc I have to tick it again. Image

This is how it works or its broken?
Last edited by olino on 2014-04-19, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.

dark_moon

Re: security exception

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-04-18, 20:26

Its working fine for my, so its not broken.

Did you try a clean pale moon profile?

olino

Unread post by olino » 2014-04-18, 20:46

no i did not, will try and report...and im using fossa just few days, pm and fossa has the same pale moon folder?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-04-18, 21:23

If you select "permanently store this exception" then it should save your choice permanently for that host. If it doesn't and your setting/exception gets reset, then something else may be going on. Not necessarily in need of a new profile.
@dark_moon: I'd appreciate it if you stop suggesting "try a clean profile" as a "fix-all form reply", especially since this is FossaMail and not Pale Moon, your suggestion is even incorrect, and in most cases people do not need to throw a current profile away to fix something simple - that's like using a sledgehammer to put in a thumb tack.

You may want to check if you are using internet security software that "sandboxes" the mail client (in which case it's possible nothing gets permanently stored). If so, make an exception for FossaMail.

FossaMail and Pale Moon do not use the same folder, since they are different applications.
FossaMail stores its profile in %APPDATA%\FossaMail
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-04-19, 06:49

Sorry i didn't read that this is a fossamail thread.
But anyway a new profile (in pale moon) solve the most problems and what fast.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-04-19, 09:31

dark_moon wrote:But anyway a new profile (in pale moon) solve the most problems and what fast.
Formatting and reinstalling Windows when you have a printer driver glitch after you've installed an update to it also solves it. :P
It shouldn't be the first suggestion to give, though.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

olino

Unread post by olino » 2014-04-19, 10:43

I always forgot to check eset. I added fossa to exceptions in eset and now its working. Thanks

Another problem i have is that fossa does not appear in tray area, even I did enable it in settings. it just appear in taskbar. (i know its different problem but i do not want a start a new thread for this)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-04-19, 10:53

olino wrote:Another problem i have is that fossa does not appear in tray area, even I did enable it in settings. it just appear in taskbar. (i know its different problem but i do not want a start a new thread for this)
Please start a new thread for this, and explain in detail what you expect and what does or doesn't happen.