Mail accounts port to fossamail from thunderbird?

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
MozillaUser233

Mail accounts port to fossamail from thunderbird?

Unread post by MozillaUser233 » 2014-02-12, 00:59

So, I copied my entire thunderbird profile contents over to fossamail profile folder without success, breaks fossamail.

My thunderbird profile has a couple email accounts that has emails saved ect.

How can we port just the email accounts and email account settings along with emails from thunderbird to fossamail?

Specific files and folders to copy?

Evil Moo

Re: Mail accounts port to fossamail from thunderbird?

Unread post by Evil Moo » 2014-02-12, 01:19

I didn't have any real trouble copying over my profile data from TB to FM. The only thing that tripped me up was first copying the actual 'AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\[randomcharacters].default' folder across, which didn't work (it seemed to be looking for the folder I removed and not the one I replaced it with). Copying all the files inside that folder and pasting those in place of the ones in the initial '[randomcharacters].default', already present in the Fossa Mail profiles folder, worked pretty seamlessly though.

I only have one account and a theme in my profile, so I don't know if multiple accounts or any extensions you might be using could break things, but I wouldn't have thought so.

MozillaUser233

Re: Mail accounts port to fossamail from thunderbird?

Unread post by MozillaUser233 » 2014-02-20, 21:05

I had got it solved a while back. Took a few times to figure what the heck was going on. Since I hadn't worked with my email profile for such a long time, I lost touch with it.

Found out it was just when one window was opened "email sidebar" the "one" tab was missing.

What is odd, anytime you restore the email profile, whether or not you have one tab showing setting enabled, it gets reverted to disabled, I thought about:config settings are stored in the profile. No big deal at all, I am fully enjoying fossamail and the UI & UI's icons.

In another words, I thought because of this behavior, I thought my profile was getting broke. Its all confusing but its all sorted.